If you are about to have your first baby, let us assume you have more or less settled down with your life, and already have a house of your own and also a car that you use for your daily travels. While this is a memorable part of anyone’s life, this is the phase that should be dealt with utmost care. Even the hospitals where your baby is about to be conceived understands that, and does not issue a permission of discharge for the young mother and the child if they do not think that the car seat for the infant is not up to the mark. So you should, of course think of buying a customized seat for your newborn, and accept the fact that the regular car seat won’t do. So while choosing these seats you should read the car seat reviews carefully and watch out for the certain requisites that must be fulfilled by them in order to qualify as your first choice of trust for your baby. So let us now have a look at the requisites that the reviews would tell you about.
What should you look for?
There are certain things that you should always look for before buying an infant seat for your infant. These are:
- Firstly, The car seat reviews tell you that you should make sure that the seat is compatible with your car seat and more importantly, it should be able to hold at least 20lbs of weight.
- The seats should be comfortable enough for the child. You must realize that newborn babies have fragile body parts and you must choose wisely in this matter. The head rests should be made of Eps foam, which is a brilliant shock absorber and is used in helmets because of this quality.
- The seats should be made of thick material, and this should be mentioned clearly in the car seat reviews. This ensures total comfort for the kid which the regular car seats cannot provide because they are made of a thinner material. This would elevate the seats so that your baby can enjoy the beautiful scenery outside.
- The seats should come with comfortable neck rests that holds your baby’s head in a comfortable position. This is a lot of help while feeding the baby. Some of these seats come with cup holders which makes feeding convenient while the car is in motion.
- The car seat reviews also tell you that the seats must be flexible and have folding features so that you can easily carry it around and stock it in your car.
Other things to look for
These are the basic things you should look for in car seat reviews. Still, you should check for some additional points.
- You should always check for the state laws and make sure you do not violate any of them. Abide by the weight guidelines provided by the state.
- A booster seat should not be used only with a lap belt. Safety vests should be used to ensure comfort and safety of the child.